Top Ten Reasons Parents Should Attend Rooted 2019 in Chicago
Slight disclaimer on our top ten format: we think ALL of these could easily be the #1 reason to attend Rooted 2019, but we know that each of you will have your favorite thing about our conference. Join us in Chicago October 3-5 and you can decide for yourself! Sign up today!
10. Elyse Fitzpatrick, author of Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus, will be on hand to give one of our plenary talks as well as a workshop on grace-based parenting. Give Them Grace is foundational teaching for parents with kids of all ages. You won’t want to miss the chance to hear her speak!
9. Speaking of plenaries, we will have eight. In addition to Elyse Fitzpatrick, our speakers include: Jen Pollock Michel, David Choi, Christopher Yuan and Watson Jones III, as well as our own Cameron Cole, Chelsea Erickson, and Kevin Yi. You don’t want to miss their Christ- centered teaching.
8. Every Rooted Conference includes beautiful, God-honoring worship. Stay tuned to our website for announcements about our plans for worship.
7. In case you were wondering how to talk with your teens about sex, look no further than our workshop with Jessica Thompson. Co-authored with her brother Joel Fitzpatrick, Jessica’s most recent book Mom, Dad, What’s Sex?, is an insightful practical, and most importantly Christ-centered guide to talking with your kids about sex. (For our interview with this dynamic duo, listen here.)
6. Parents of teens have to eat a whole lot of pizza. It’s just what we do. But at our Chicago dine-arounds you’ll be able to sample some of the world’s greatest pizza (perhaps at Lou Malnati’s or Giordano’s) with the new friends you make in our workshops! We also feed our attendees a hot dinner on Thursday night and lunch on Friday, so come and make new friends.
5. Our workshops are designed to be encouraging and helpful as you disciple your teens in their faith. We also have quite a variety of topics for parents, including helping teens deal with grief, relating to Gen Z, establishing emotionally healthy relationships, catechizing your kids, and finding biblical joy in parenting, to name a few.
4. Chicago in October is lovely, and our conference is designed to be walkable! We have discounted rates at several nearby hotels, and we are within walking distance of the famous Miracle Mile. Uber and taxis are always available, but you’ll likely want to lace up your walking shoes to tour the beautiful Windy City on foot while you are there.
3. Until Saturday, June 1, our conference is available to parents at a reduced rate of $175. Even after, the conference remains a great value for parents who attend.
2. The fellowship at our conference is truly special. Attendees come from all over the United States. You will meet like-minded parents who want nothing more than to nurture their children’s faith; you will meet youth ministers who want to partner with you to disciple teens well. You’ll have time to get to know each other over shared meals (two are included in the cost of registration) and have fun sharing stories, asking questions, and being encouraged.
1. Our theme, Death to Life, focuses on the redeeming work of Christ on the cross, what it means for us in our daily 2019 lives, and what it means for eternity. Everywhere around us we have news of death. Come join us to hear the good news of Jesus Christ proclaimed; let us rejoice and be glad together!
Hope to see you there!