Top Ten Reasons Youth Ministers Should Attend Rooted 2019 in Chicago
Disclaimer: we think ALL of these could easily be the #1 reason to attend Rooted 2019, but just go with it! Join us in Chicago October 3-5!
10. David Choi is back again as one of our plenary speakers this year. You won’t want to miss the chance to have this dynamic speaker refresh your soul with the good news of the gospel!
9. Speaking of plenaries, we will have eight. In addition to David Choi, our speakers include: Elyse Fitzpatrick, Jen Pollock Michel, Christopher Yuan and Watson Jones III, as well as our own Cameron Cole, Chelsea Erickson, and Kevin Yi. You don’t want to miss their Christ-centered teaching.
8. Every Rooted Conference includes beautiful, God-glorifying worship. Stay tuned on our website for announcements about our plans for worship.
7. In case you were wondering how to talk with your teens about sex, look no further than our workshop with Jessica Thompson. Co-authored with her brother Joel Fitzpatrick, Jessica’s most recent book Mom, Dad, What’s Sex? is an insightful, practical, and most importantly Christ-centered guide to talking with your students about sex. (For our interview with this dynamic duo, listen here.)
6. Sick of the Papa John’s pizza party? At our “dine-arounds” on Friday night, you’ll be able to sample some of the world’s greatest Chicago-style pizza (perhaps at Lou Malnati’s or Giordano’s) with the new friends you make during our time together! We also feed our attendees a hot dinner on Thursday night and lunch on Friday, so they can meet lots of new friends.
5. Our workshops are designed to be encouraging and helpful as you disciple your teens in their faith. We will cover a variety of topics for youth ministers like disciple-making, gospel-messaging, reaching GenZ, teaching the Bible, speaking with your students about sex, and of course falling deeper in love with the person of Jesus.
4. Chicago in October is lovely, and our conference is designed to be walkable! We have discounted rates at several nearby hotels, and we are within walking distance of the famous Miracle Mile. Uber and taxis are always available, but you’ll likely want to lace up your walking shoes to tour the beautiful Windy City on foot while you are there.
3. Until Saturday, June 1, our conference is available to youth ministers at a reduced rate of $175.
2. The fellowship at our conference is truly special. Attendees come from all over the United States. You will meet like-minded youth workers who want nothing more than to pour the gospel of grace into teenagers, to nurture their students’ faith; you will meet parents who want to partner with you to disciple teens well. You’ll have time to get to know each other over shared meals (two are included in the cost of registration) and have fun sharing stories, asking questions, and being encouraged.
1. Our theme, Death to Life, focuses on the redeeming work of Christ on the cross, what it means for us in our daily 2019 lives, and what it means for eternity. Everywhere around us we have news of death. Come join us to hear the good news of Jesus Christ proclaimed; let us rejoice and be glad together!
Hope to see you there!